Sunday 18 May 2014

My Product Empties

Image Credit: That Girl at the Party

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't written a new blog post recently, I've been very busy with revision and exams! Today I've decided to talk about my empty beauty products that I've ran out of and let you know what I thought of them. 

Running out of a favourite product is always the worst especially if they are expensive. You have the hard decision whether to re-purchase and sometimes the product which you like is either unavailable or has been discontinued...

My first product which I ran out of was the Urban Decay eyeshadow in Bootycall from the Naked 2 palette. This shadow was by far my favourite out of the 12 shades as it was a beautiful base colour for any look, therefore I was determined to re-purchase. However, unlike the rest of the shades Bootycall wasn't available as a singular product. Instead I scoured the Internet for a dupe and was pleased to discover MAC sold a similar colour named 'Shroom'. Despite this the product was sold out! So far I've managed without the colour by using cheaper dupes (L'Oreal E1 Beige Trench palette) but I'm considering trying to buy the MAC product again... Wish me luck!

The second product which I've emptied is Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer. I'm sort of cheating here as I have not yet finished the tube but I'm coming very close. This primer is essential for everyday wear as without it my eye shadows would crease instantly! I have already re-purchased my second primer for whenever my current tube runs out; I swear they are infinite...

As a lover of concealer I am forever running out of the stuff; I've even saved my MAC concealers for special occasions as I know at my current rate of application they would run out in a week! I am currently on my second tube of Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer and even that is now coming to the end of it's life. As you may know I've talked about this concealer in various other posts and I think it's brilliant considering the price! I will repurchase until the very end.

My last product empty is Smashbox's eyeshadow in Dusk which is from the trio palette Cover Shoot. I use this product everyday to fill in my brows but unfortunately I will now have to find a replacement; I'm having to scrape at the pan desperately every morning which takes up a lot of time! Unfortunately, similar to Urban Decay, Smashbox do not sell this eyeshadow as a singular product so likewise I will have to find a dupe.

And that's all of my product empties! I hope you enjoyed this post; be sure to let me know in the comments below what favourite products you've ran out of.

Chloe

Products
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, Bootycall eyeshadow £37.00
MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom £12.50
Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in Dusk (Cover Shoot palette) £21.00

No comments:

Post a Comment